When facing stress, getting back to enjoying life can be a challenge at first. But by taking positive steps, you can achieve some self-defined success. Take each step one day at a time and you’ll soon be on the road to experiencing less stress.
1) No human being is perfect and knowing that you are not perfect can help you feel more secure.
2) Focus on giving back to the community can increase one’s internal self-worth.
3) Believe in the decisions that you have made are for a reason, take responsibility.
4) Focus on eating nutritiously, even when finances are tight, focus on balanced nutrition.
5) Exercise, convenience and what means you have available: walking, core strengthening, running.
6) Sleeping patterns: focus on going to bed at the same time each day and getting good rest.
7) Alcohol, smoking products, and other drugs impair one’s well-being, avoid them.
8) Utilizing self-talk, motivational statements during each day to keep you moving forward.
9) Focus on effective, meaningful communication.
10) Develop a sense of humor, some things are quite humorous.
11) Focus on what you put into a close relationship can be rewarding.
12) Make a list of daily priorities the night before to aid in a more restful sleep.
13) Develop a list of goals and take steps toward those goals, place in a mindful location.
14) Make a list of your concerns and write down next to them if they are rational, irrational. If they are irrational, throw it out. If they are rational, make a list of steps to take toward a solution(s).