Behavioral Health Emergency Services
If you or your family member are having a mental health emergency:
• Call 911 or go to your local hospital emergency room.
• Call the Access and Crisis Line at 1-888-724-7240. Clinicians answer the phones 24 hours a day,
seven day a week, to provide immediate crisis interventions and provide
linkages/referrals to appropriate services as needed.
TTY: (619) 641-6992.
• Call your doctor or therapist.
• For other immediate needs, you may walk-in for screening and/or evaluation at the closest
adult mental health clinic with daytime walk-in hours. Schedules are available by calling the
Access and Crisis Line at 1-888-724-7240
• Go to the County Psychiatric Hospital Emergency Psychiatric Unit (EPU) (adults only)
located at 3853 Rosecrans St., San Diego, CA 92110, Phone: (619) 692-8200, or your nearest
hospital emergency room.
• Take children to the Emergency Screening Unit (ESU) at 730 Medical Center Court, Chula
Vista, CA 91911 for 24-hour emergency mental health assessment and referral.
Phone: (619) 421-6900.